Colloquium Committee Guidelines
- Run the CS Department's various lecture series.
Duties of Committee:
- Obtain nominations and invite speakers for the Departmental
Colloquium, CS Day, and Schoffstall Lecture Series.
- Coordinate with other colloquia on campus as necessary.
- Organize snacks for the Colloquium.
- Make sure proper equipment is available for speakers.
- Conduct yearly review of the Guidelines for the Colloquium Committee
(this document), and if necessary, propose changes.
- The Colloquium Committee is composed of one or more faculty members
chosen by the Chair of the Department and one or more students
selected by the committee chair from a pool of volunteers
obtained by the Department's Manager of Student Affairs.
- The Colloquium Committee seeks speaker nominations from faculty and
- Invitation decisions are made with the benefit of input from both faculty
- Colloquium announcements are posted at least one week in advance on
the Departmental web pages and in hard-copy form around the Department.
- The Colloquium Committee meets as frequently as necessary to do its
work in a timely fashion.
Return to main Committee page